Thursday, August 8, 2013

August 8, 2013

Hola Familia y amigos,
Wow, I love the CCM... Honestly, everything about it, I love! I LOVE the workers, I love the missionaries and all our teachers, I absolutly love the food (probably a little too much), I love devotionals and Presidente Pratt and his wife. That is another nice thing about being in Mexico and not Provo, Presidente and hermana Pratt have tried to get to know as many of us as possible. Unfortunatly, the number of missionaries is growing dramatically every week. I was a second generation missionary which meant there were only a hundred or so north american missionaries... by this time next week we will have over 800. It is so crowded that there are not enough seats in the comedor for all of us to eat. Last night President announced that we will be accepting, on top of the normal incoming missionaries, missionaries from the Argentina and Peru CCMs because they are both full to capacity... Just another evidence that God is hastening His work, it is so exciting. We cant all fit in the auditorium any more, but when we stand and sing Called to Serve before a devotional, to say its poderoso would be an understatement... Its amazing! I love missionary work and I have an ever increasing testimony of its importance in the world!!

So many great things have happened this week... I learn so much everyday that I want to tell you but I only have 30 min. And unfortunatly, I dont even remember close to everything. At the end of the day, I attempt to write in my journal and pray about everything we were able to do, and I have to wrack my brain trying to remember what we did that morning. The days are long but they fly by... Its a odd phenomenon but I love it.

So first I will try to answer all your questions:
Food: Its amazing to say the least. I love basically all of it... I can count the number of undercooked\slightly-cooked meals that resulted in more time spent in the bathroom than we have time for, on one hand... so not bad at all. I absolutely love their pancakes, their rice, and their bread. Im on carb overload but its so good!
Sleep: I have a hard time sleeping most nights, which is strange because Im pretty tired... I must just not be working hard enough. But I love listening to the loud world out the window. There are sirens and horns and music playing constantly... It reminds me how many people there are in the world and how many could benefit from hearing the gospel.
Weather: BEAUTIFUL all the time! It has never been too hot. It rains just about every night around 6:00 and clears up in time to walk home. The other day, as we walked to our devotional in Monsoon rain. Worse than anything Ive ever seen, but I loved it.
Also, Mexico experienced an earthquake on tuesday... however it was very small and we didnt feel anything.
Mexico is beautiful, unfortunately we have only been able to leave campus once and that was on the bus to the temple... its sad to spend 6 weeks in Mexico and never set foot on the streets, I hope one day I have a chance to visit. My teacher showed me his photos of some ruins they visited about an hour from here. They are so amazing!!! Its crazy to think that many of the people we read about in the Book of Mormon may have lived or walked right through this country.

Just a quick thought for the day: I love learning spanish, the language is amazing and there are so many words that take on new meaning when you read them in spanish. For example, the words Saber y conocer both mean to know. Saber means to know information or knowledge while conocer means to be familiar with or to know personally.
The scripture we probably share the most with our investigators is Moroni 10:4-5, talking about how they can know for themselves that the Book of Mormon is true.

(4) And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
(5) And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may KNOW the truth of all things.

In spanish verse 5 reads:
y por el poder del Esíritu Santo podrés CONOCER la verdad de todas las cosas.
Meaning through the holy ghost we know not only know but experience la verdad of the Libro de Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon! I have a testimony that if we prayerfully read the book with a sincere heart and ask God if it is true, He will manifest it unto you. And more than just knowing that its true, you can experience it on a deeper personal level.

Thanks for all of your prayers and love!! I love you more than you know!! I love this gospel and I cant wait to share it with others!!! Thanks for all you do!!!

con amor,
Hermana Johnson!!

PS congrats on passing your test dad!!! I am so proud of you and look up to you alot!!!

ALso, thanks for all the pictures... I cant believe Elsie is 6 months!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment