Tuesday, September 24, 2013

September 16, 2013

Hola familia!!
Wow, that made me so happy to see the picture of you and the Barajas! I cant believe they actually called you! I hope it was a good experience, sorry I should have warned you... we visit their family often because Daniel is her sabrino (the one on date for the end of this month!) That is so cool that they met you! I should have thought to send them with my letters and such for all of you!
 
First of all, I am supposed to ask if you received a harvester letter from the mission office this week, if not I need to let them know.
 
Second of all, I will answer your questions mom:
Unfortunately I haven’t been able to print off or keep my emails in one spot like I would like, but they are all in my inbox so maybe one day when I get home, I can print them out.
I received your very first package (in the cute pink and green envelope) Thank you again!!!! But that is the only mail/package that I have received up until now... We have a meeting this week so maybe there will be something waiting for me there.
I LOVE my companion!! She is amazing and we get along so well!!!
The milk allergy.... well I eat what I am given, it’s as simple as that. But I really haven’t had any big problems... besides gaining a little weight :)
We have a target semi close by which is where we have to buy our groceries (because we are on a mile-budget as well) So unfortunately we don’t get a lot of fresh produce and its overpriced food, but we do what we can. I promise that we are eating enough.
 
So this week was awesome! We had some really good days mixed in with some not-so-productive days... A lot of door knocking... but so success.
Its amazing how you can see that Lords hand in your life so frequently when you are looking for it. I am loving the work and the opportunity to be a part of it!!
We worked hard to put together an activity for our branch this week- we had a cultural night. We have members from many different countries and everyone made food from their culture. We had a talent show and ate... We spent all day inviting everyone we could... We probably had 30 people there which was a miracle!! They said that was the most successful activity they have ever had! And it was a lot of fun! I even played guitar and sang in the talent show. We had our investigator there so we were able to stay for the whole thing. I love learning about the different cultures and everyone is so proud of their countries, it was a really neat experience. And the food was great!
 
One miracle: I have been praying for more support from the ward. We only have about 3-4 active families that hold the ward together and about 30 less-active/inactive families - so we spend a lot of time with them. This week, we had 3 different sisters offer to accompany us on citas. They said they felt like they need to strengthen their testimonies on missionary work and asked if we would like them to come.... They have absolutely no idea how much that means to us. When someone offers to come... it really is a miracle and we are so grateful!! I know God has been answering our prayers!
 
This week I have been working on the Christ-like attribute of Diligence. The gospel is such a blessing because there are always ways that we can be improving and bettering ourselves... My end goal is to become like Christ. Unfortunately it is a life-long pursuit... Preach My Gospel on page 123 says, "Changing to become like Christ requires exercising faith, repenting, keeping covenants, receiving an increased measure of the spirit, and enduring to the end. We strive to be like Christ - He is the perfect example of diligence. Christ continually worked under the direction of the Father, He never gave into temptation. He helped all who pleaded with Him and gave his time to bless over 2000 people when he appeared in the Americas. He let them one-by-one touch His hands. He was diligent in that He never wasted time because He had a purpose... We too have a purpose. I have a purpose here and must be diligent with my time and continually seeking to do the Fathers will. I am on the Lords time; It is such a privilege to represent Christ!
 
I know Christ lives and He knows us perfectly!!
I love you all so much and pray for you every day!!
Love Hermana Johnson
 
Please let me know if I can do anything for you!!
 
PS: mom I may need you to send my winter clothes sooner than expected... Its starting to get a little chilly - I know its going to be an extremely expensive package but I would love to have some tights, thick socks, scarves, sweaters, gloves, hat/ear band... Maybe a hoodie for mornings... And anything else could fit. I would be eternally grateful!!! LOVE YOU!





No comments:

Post a Comment