Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 15, 2013

Happy Tuesday!
My missionary scripture: Ether 12:4... Sorry I didn’t know you needed it.

Since yesterday was Columbus day, we were hard at work... so today is our pday. (That’s why you didn’t get an email from me yesterday.) So sorry.
Anyway, it was a very long week, but it’s always great. I’m so sorry that you are sick. It seems everyone here is sick too. Everyone we visit and talk to, so hopefully we don’t catch anything. It’s beautiful weather here!!! Today it’s pretty rainy but this last week, all the leaves have changed. The sun is usually shining, and it is so beautiful!! I miss the mountains though... and driving through the canyon :)
Time is such a crazy concept. It seems like I have been gone forever. But at the same time not... at really it’s only been 3 months. Which gives me a little anxiety, but in a good way. A lot of time to learn and grow, and overcome my many weaknesses. But every day I am here, I become that much more grateful for the life I have been given. I think that was one thing Heavenly Father wanted me to learn... to be grateful! I love the quote from conference last week: "A grateful person is rich in contentment." I have a very strong testimony of that! It is absolutely true!! The more grateful we are that happier we are.
This morning I was studying about the atonement. It seems to be a cycle... the more you learn, the more you recognize your imperfections, the more humble you become which in turn motivates you to become better and learn more, then the cycle repeats. Understanding the great sacrifice, the atonement of Jesus Christ, understanding what he did for me, is my motivation underneath everything I do. My love for my Savior is my motivation for sharing the gospel, for serving a mission, for waking up at 6:00am, for knocking doors... I have realized (not that I am anywhere near this point) consecrated life is really the only way we will feel worthy to live in the Lords presence. We will always be in debt to him but all he asks of us is to give him our hearts. To rely on him always. I am so thankful for my Savior and his perfect example and the opportunity to become like him.

Alma 7:11-12, Mosiah 14:4 Surly he has borne our grief’s, and carried our sorrows... he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon him.. And with his stripes we are healed.
I find so much love and peace when I read about the Savior!

I had 2 great experiences this week:
1. Our ward had a really awesome activity this week, President Portocarrero put a lot of time and effort into it and unfortunately, only 2 families showed up. It was called Viaje a Hawaii! I gave a short talk about the plan of salvation, and then we took a "trip" on an airplane, and crashed. We then proceeded to visit the 3 kingdoms of glory. We ended in the Celestial Kingdom. We watched a video about eternal families and president spoke. It was really amazing! We are trying to help all of our inactive families understand the importance of the temple and to make goals to go.
2. We taught a lesson this week to Marisol, Victor and their 3 little kids (one of my favorite families in the branch). We sang Families can be together forever, showed picture of the temple, and read out of D&C 132. We talked about how we can be eternal families- they felt the spirit really strong and Marisol told us that she picked a date for her baptism! And then Victor told us how excited he was for his wife and that maybe soon he will be ready to pick a date too. I’m so excited!
Miracles all over the place!

Well I love you all!!!! Very much!!! And I cannot tell you how happy I am that we get to be an eternal family! Thank you for your example and love!! Have an amazing day!!! I love you so much!

Love Hermana Johnson!

No comments:

Post a Comment