Thursday, October 31, 2013

October 21, 2013

Happy Monday!
It is a beautiful Monday here in Elgin! Pretty cold, but the leaves are changing, and we made pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes with the sisters this morning, so everything is great... It felt like this week flew by, not a lot happened but having pday on a Tuesday makes the week go by much faster.
The work continues to move forward... slowly. But I find comfort in the line from Preach My Gospel that says, "No effort is ever wasted." After all the work comes the miracle. The mission is very different that I expected... Every day I find myself doing something I never thought I would be doing. But when will I ever have another chance to knock on someone’s door, talk to a total stranger in Spanish, invite myself in, and have the opportunity to bear my testimony and tell them about something that could change their life. I feel very privileged... Don’t get me wrong, it’s not always fun, but I am learning a lot!! I am learning a lot about myself, about the work, and most importantly about my Savior.
Thanks for all the emails!! I love pictures and hearing about your lives, it inspires me! And makes me feel like I’m not so far away. And thank you Cari so so so much for your amazing package and letter!!! I am the luckiest girl in the world! You are so thoughtful and I am so blessed to have such great examples in my life!
I’m so sorry that you are all sick! That is really the worst!!! And it seems everyone here too is sick... hopefully you all feel better really soon!
First off, DAD!! I am so very proud of you! I am so relieved and just so happy with you. Thank you for all that you do!! I’m sorry that you have to work all the time but know that I am extremely grateful for your example of hard work and determination!
Alex: I always think about you... all the little kids play soccer outside the apartment complexes and invite us to play. I brag to everyone about my talented little bro... Good luck with state cup this week, I really hope everything works out and that your team plays well! You are one of the hardest workers I know and you have put so much into your team, GOOD LUCK!! Also, I’m very proud of you for all the work you put into school! Really, it’s a sad reality when you realized not everything comes easy, but I am learning that the more work you put in, the more accomplished you feel after, which is what makes it worth all the work!
Meg and Adam: I can’t believe how grown up Elsie looks!!! It’s crazy!!!! She looks so old in those pictures, and so dang cute with her skinny jeans and boots!!! You both are great parents and I pray for you all every day!
The Barajas always ask how you are doing... they asked me to tell you hi! I’ll get their address for you this week. Hermana Barajas left for a 4 week vacation in Mexico so that is making it a little difficult to visit them. Which is hard because Daniel (our recent convert) is a little confused with why we haven’t visited. But he is doing great too!! And he received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday!!! So cool right?!
I haven’t had the chance to look for boots yet... I think your right that I need to order them before it gets too cold. You could order them and send them if you wanted because as much as I want to go shopping, it’s hard to find time to go looking and my companion doesn’t really want to spend our Pday time looking for winder clothes because she already has hers... So yes, the boots would be great, but I don’t want it to be a hassle... just if you have time. (Thanks! you’re the best!)
My clothes are great, holding up well... I wear the same things every week ... and I kind of love not having to worry about what I wear, it’s great!
Thanks for that weekly quotes! They are always inspiring! Mom, I hope you know how much I love you, how much I appreciate all you do for me!! Unfortunately, I didn’t realize how blessed I was until I left... but you are an amazing women and have so many qualities that I have tried throughout my life to exemplify. Thanks for always being there and always being willing to help.
Melissa and Nate: I love you guys so much! I think everyone hates it when I talk about my family, because I always have so much to say... But I look up to you both so much! I don’t hear a lot from you but I hope everything is going well, with work and life!!! Thanks for all you do for me!
Well, I will leave with a quick quote I found today:
"Who is righteous? Anyone who is repenting. No matter how bad he has been, if he is repenting, he is a righteous man. There is hope for him. But it doesn’t matter how good he has been all his life, if he is not repenting, he is a wicked man. The difference is which way you are facing. The man on the top of the stairs facing down is much worse off than the man on the bottom step who is facing up. The direction we are facing, that is repentance; and that is what determines whether we are good or bad." - Hugh Nibley.
A great blessing of missionary work is seeing people change. Repentance brings about change, and the joy I feel helping people realize there is hope and peace for their future is really amazing. I want everyone to have the opportunity to receive the blessings of missionary work in their lives... I hope you are all praying for opportunities to find someone that needs the gospel because it is an amazing experience.
I love you so much!!! I hope you all get feeling better and are enjoying the weather!! Thanks for all you do!!! Thanks for your prayers and your examples!!! Let me know if I can do anything for you!!!!
Love hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment