Thursday, December 12, 2013

November 18, 2013

Wow, I love you all so very much!! Thank you for all your support and love. This has probably been one of the most difficult weeks of my life- a lot of change, a lot of new struggles and challenges. But the harder the struggles, the more we learn and the stronger we become. Now I cannot really say that, because I am not strong. And I won’t lie in saying that I enjoyed every minute. They have honestly been the longest days ever. I remember the first day I came into the field. I talked to an Hermana that was going home the next day. That was a weird concept, thinking I had just arrived and she already got to go home. But I asked her for advice and she proceeded to tell me all the things she learned and wished she would have known. The last think she said was, “just love everyday of your mission… because it goes by so fast.”
I hate that. Because missions do not go by fast. The days are very long… and don’t let anyone tell you that 3 months into the mission you are going to be a great missionary, or a perfect teacher, or fluent in the language… because that is just not true. Well, at least for me that’s not true. But as I talked to Hermana Estrada (our sister training leader), she helped me understand a little better. Life is hard. That is nothing new. And I think I come out on my mission expecting perfection and expecting that it would come easily. But loving every day of your mission takes on a new meaning when I learn to love the challenges and trials we were given and love the things I learned from overcoming those trials. It helps to look back on the day and see how I handled a situation or what I learned from an experience.
Hermana Lane is my new companion. She is amazing… but we are very different people. She is very bold, very forward, and very honest – which I love. I am learning so much from her. But ever since she moved to my area, the change has been very, very hard for her. Learning to work together is a challenge and we have had a lot of things to overcome. I just think that it is amazing how Heavenly Father knows us so well. He knows exactly who needs to be put in our lives, He knows exactly the trials we need to have and how to turn our mistakes into opportunities to become better. And so many of my questions and prayers have been answered through our experiences together.
I know more than ever, that God is so aware of us. And it is stupid to ever think that he is not. (Not that I forget it, but sometimes we don’t acknowledge it.) Anyway, it has been a growing experience, but I’m so blessed. I hope you all know how much I love you!!
Mom, thanks for your amazing letter!!! I LOVE that you have spent a little time with the missionaries. Some days im just so thankful for the opportunity to be a missionary. Sometimes it doesn’t seem real… but I knock on doors and talk to random people… people that I never would have met if I wasn’t here. I have taught gospel doctrine class, in Spanish, for the last 3 weeks- which is pretty cool, because I would never have done that before (not even in English). I get to bear my testimony every day and study the scriptures. Im a pretty lucky girl. Thank you so much for the boots!! They are awesome and they fit… hopefully I will not have to wear them anytime soon, but when the time comes, I will be ready. I cannot believe Julia is home!!! That’s so exciting! And Hayleys wedding was amazing im sure, I couldn’t be happier for her!! I cant wait for my quilt!! You are so fast, I cant believe you finished it already!! Thank you so much!! The Barajas are good! Hermana is home, but I haven’t seen them in a while. Daniel is AWESOME! He finished the Book of Mormon this week!! He is so amazing and such a help to our little branch.
Thanks for you love and support, I know that you are all doing great things and I look up to you a lot. Sorry im so cheesy… I think that is what the mission does to you… but I really am so thankful to have such an amazing family that is so strong in the gospel. I love you all!
Also, we started using facebook!!! We are getting our ipads this Thursday!! Its an exciting time to be a missionary… But I have to admit, im a little scared of technology :)
Have a great week!! I love you!!
Love Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment