Wednesday, March 5, 2014

December 23, 2013

Dear Family and Friends!!! 
I could not thank you enough for all of your love and support over the last 5 months... especially at this time right before Christmas, we need you love and prayers to push forward the work here. I am eternally indebted to all of you that give so much to serve others. Thank you! 
As for me, this week has been crazy but great! Yesterday we met as 4 zones for a Christmas specialized training at President Fenn's house. He spent the last few days preparing his world famous Chili for all of us. He gathered all 70+ of us in his tiny kitchen and gave us the rundown of each 4 different types... regular (with 3 types of meat, beans, and tomatoes...), chili verde, chocolate chili, and the worlds spiciest with 4 different types of peppers... ive always been adventurous when it comes to food, but even after adapting to the Hispanic culture, my weak mouth proved unchanged. It was probably the spiciest thing i have ever had... ever... hands down. I probably wont be able to taste anything for the next few days :)
Anyway, it was really fun. Santa was there, we got all our packages. Our district prepared a special musical number - it was horrendous- and then president spoke. He is amazing! He is just so powerful when he speaks and has such a strong testimony of Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. I feel so blessed to be his missionary. He spoke a lot about the Doctrine behind the Birth and life of Christ... a side i had never considered before. It was really cool. 

He extended a challenge, which I would love pass on to all of you... On April 6, we will have a mission council where everyone in the mission will come together. He asked us to get a brand new Book of Mormon and read it before April 6th. He wants us to mark 3 things: 
Yellow: the doctrine of Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the holy ghost, and enduring to the end) 
Red: atonement of Christ (Mercy, grace, etc.) 
Blue: our purpose and missionary work 

It would be awesome if you could all join in with us!!!! I know the Book of Mormon is true and the word of God. I know every word in there was written for our benefit. I know no matter what we are going through, the answers and strength we need can be found in the Book of Mormon. I would love to hear all about your experiences too! 

Anyway, I cannot wait for Christmas! We have an awesome family that has invited us for dinner. A family from the English ward is letting us use their computers to skype and we have district meeting in between... Cant wait to tell you all about it! 
A quote i found this week: 
"The work will never be concluded until our Lord and master says, 'It is enough'. There are lives to brighten, to touch, and to save. Ours is the sacred privilege to brighten,  to touch, and save those precious souls entrusted to our care. We should do so faithfully and with hearts fulled with gladness." - Thomas S. Monson (I LOVE THE PROPHET!!) 

I hope you all have a very merry christmas!! Take a moment to think about and give thanks for the life of our Savior. I hope you all fill up on wonderful food and treats (I can assure you i will too :) thanks for all you do!!!! Please let me know if I can do anything for you!!! 

Love Hermana Johnson 

PS i am so sorry that i got your christmas package out late... i promise it is coming!!! Also, i got dads birthday card back, which means you didnt get it. please dont think im a terrible daughter (even though i am). I love you so much! I hope you had an amazing birthday and anniversary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment