Wednesday, March 5, 2014

February 3, 2014

Pues, hoy es una dia bonita... y triste!
Big news: I am being transferred to Aurora! I never thought the day would come that I would have to leave my beloved home, Elgin. Unfortunately, as quoted by Elder Gaugakuma, "Change is inevitable." We were dreading the call all day Saturday, and as the phone rang we listened with anticipation. President doesn't like to leave people in one area for too long, so after 4 transfers I cant say it was a surprise. However, Hermana Lopez and I are really seeing change in the branch, and we get a long so well... we are both very sad that we cant stay together for longer. I really am going to miss her. She is staying here and getting Hermana Lewis, they have both been out for about 5 months each. And I am going to Aurora with Hermana Trimble, she has been out for over a year. I am really excited because she is an awesome missionary!!! I am going to learn a lot from her! Also, we are in a Spanish WARD!!! Can you believe it?! Its the only Spanish ward in the mission. Not sure how I got so lucky. It will be very different from our little branch that I am used to. 
As I laid in bed last night, I was thinking about all the great experiences that I have had and all the amazing people that I have met. The crazy thing about a mission is that everything is done in time: exercise - 30 min., study: 3 hours, lessons - no more than 45 minutes, dinner appointments - must never exceed 1:30... there is always so much to do, and never enough time, however, some hours seem like seconds and some seconds seem like eternity.
For example, in the mist of trials, those moments seem like the end will never come. Those silent seconds after you extend the baptismal invitation that feel like you could walked across the Sahara Desert and back before they answer, are hard to forget. And all the time you spend thinking about people and how to help them makes the quick seconds when they drop you, pretty hard to forget. But unlike the uncertainty of our time in life, on the mission you know and are consistently aware of the exact amount of time that you have.  
One thing Hermana Lopez has taught me, is to appreciate the time we have to grow. She has a testimony that at the end of our lives, when we stand before our Heavenly Father, he is not going to be so concerned of what we did in our lives, what we achieved but he is going to ask us who have we become!! I am 1/3 done with my time on a mission, moving to a new area gives me an opportunity to reevaluate and redouble my efforts. Im very sad to be leaving, but I am excited to experience something new!! So wish me luck!!

Anyway, I have a lot to pack (im afraid that im becoming a hoarder...) and a lot to do, so ill leave you with an awesome quote I found: its not supper relevant but its great!

"The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ would take the slums out of the people and then they take themselves out of the slums... Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature."

Happy birthday ELSIE!!! I cant believe she is one!!! She is so old! Thanks for all the great pictures! I love you all so much!! Please let me know if I can do anything for ya!!! THanks for everything!

Love Hermana Johnson       




No comments:

Post a Comment