Wednesday, March 5, 2014

January 27, 2014

Feliz Lunes Familia! 

Elgin is great. Its pretty cold as I assume it is everywhere at this time of year, and although few people open their doors to us because of the inclement weather, those that do stand out as miracles in my eyes. We had an amazing lesson with an investigator, Gabriel. He is from Mexico living with his brother and sister-in-law. He is not married and his older brother died a few months ago. But we had the opportunity of teaching about the plan of salvation and the spirit was very strong as we bore testimony of our purpose on earth. He desires change and has begun studying the Book of Mormon. We were able to find him an Amulek, our recent convert, Daniel! I cant explain what a blessing it is to hear your convert bear testimony of something you first taught him 4 months ago. 
We have hit a few obstacles in the branch. With the weather and the time changing to 9:00, we have struggled getting not only investigators but even members to church. I know a lot of people are praying for this branch. Thanks, we continue to feel your prayers and support!  
As for Hermana Lopez, she is amazing. She is struggling with her health a little. She has an ulcer and eating chilies, peppers, and greasy Mexican food don't really help. I think she struggles finding energy to work, but she is a trooper. She always is willing to go out, even when she doesn't feel well. She is very determined and a great leader; always looking for unique ways to change things up. I admire that about her.I am so blessed to be with her. 
Sorry its so short, we are going to play volleyball today :) we need all the exercise we can get! But ill leave you with a quote I found today: 
"When we truly understand what it means to love as Jesus Christ loves us, the confusion clears and our priorities alight. Our walk as a disciple of Christ becomes more joyful. Our lives take on new meaning. Our relationship with our Heavenly Father becomes more profound. Obedience becomes a joy rather than a burden." Elder Uchtdorf, Oct. 2009. I know this is true! 
Thanks for everything you do, I love you all so much!! You are the most amazing people that I know and I couldn't have asked for a better family. I pray for you every night and I hope you are continuing to strengthen your relationship with your Savior. I have found the best way to understand the love our savior has for us, is to share it with others! I invite all of you to share your testimony with someone this week, help someone feel that love of God in their life and you will be blessed! Thanks for everything! I love you so much!!! 

Hermana Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment