Wednesday, March 5, 2014

December 16, 2013

Hola y Feliz Navidad!! Crazy i can finally understand all the words to that song... too bad we cant listen to it here :) 
The weather, the snow, the season... its great. The new transfer starts tomorrow, fortunately Hermana Lane and I are both staying in Elgin. Unfortunately it will probably be the longest transfer EVER... its an extra week because of the holidays and everyones says that the work slows down during the negative degrees. So i just keep telling myself that if we can make it through this, we can make it through anything... so we will just keep pushing forward. But for now, life is great! I love Christmas more than ever now, and being away from home will help me appreciate Christmas in future years. 
MOM! That is so awesome about Maggie! I was actually thinking about them last week. Now that we have facebook and skype, we can teach just about anyone, anywhere in the world. So if she wanted to be taught a little bit, or had questions, I could Skype her and you could be there to be a member present!! That would be the greatest day ever!!! Ha, we could even do it while you are in Hawaii - isnt technology amazing!! So ya, we have skype... but we havent been able to teach anyone through it yet. So if you wanted to ask Ron, Ashley/Anthony, or anyone else that wanted to learn a little more about why im serving a mission, or ask questions about the church, Hermana Lane and I could do it over Skype or Facebook!! 

On that note... Yes, we will most definitely be able to skype on Christmas! I cannot wait!!! Hopefully you can get back on today and we can figure out a time when you will all be together... I know hermana lane needs to skype her family early morning because her brother is in Norway, but I could do later in the day too... Tell me what time you will all be together! 

That is so bad about Sam's dad! I really seems like no one has it easy... We have an amazing family here in Elgin, the first week i arrived, the mother was diagnosed with a brain tumor. The hard part is that they are not able to pay for any sort of medical insurance too, so we have been praying really hard. But everything changed when she decided just to put her trust in the Lord. They understand that we are given trials to strengthen us and that life is only a short time. I have learned a lot from her example. But we will definitely be praying from them! How is Sam doing? 
And Peter!!! That is so crazy!!!! Man, i sent him a letter to Mexico but havent received a reply... hopefully it gets there before he leaves... or gets to him at all. If not, you can tell him to write me :) I cant believe everyone is coming home. We have a lot of really amazing missionaries here too that are leaving in the next few transfers. That just seems so far away. But the good news is, I have about a year left - I have a lot of time because I have a lot to learn. 
- also sheri, i sent her a letter but unfortunately it just came back. So im not sure how to get in touch with her... if you have her email or something maybe I could write her that way. 

Now with the Ipad, i can send videos, so maybe we will send some more in the future. 

Every week has its ups and downs, but we are praying for miracles and Heavenly Father is always helping. I know He is always aware and is so happy when we do what is right. I read a talk this morning called "See Others as They May Become" by President Monson. It gave me so much hope, he said "We need to bear in mind that people can change. They can put behind them their bad habits. They can repent from past transgressions... Men change everyday." "It is our responsibility to give them opportunities to live as they should. We can help them to overcome their shortcomings. We must develop the capacity to see people as the way they may become not as they are." This gives me so much hope to know that change is possible, not only in the lives of our investigators but in my life as well. I have a lot of things I need to change but through the blessing of the atonement of Jesus Christ, we can change. Its slow and very difficult at times, but im thankful for the opportunity to change. 
"Courage is the word we need to hear and hold dear to our hearts - courage to turn our backs on temptation, courage to lift up our voices in testimony to all whom we meet."
"May we pray to have the courage to extend a hand of fellowship, a tendency to try and try again, and the humility to seek the guidance from our Heavenly Father." 
Christmas is a time to bring the gift of Christ into our lives and the life of others. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be serving a mission... its hard. very hard. But its worth it. I love my Savior and I know that all will be well if we are obedient and always striving to do our best. I love you all so much!!! Thank you for all you do for me!! 

Thanks for the Quilt, it keeps me nice and warm (i brag about it to everyone!). Thanks for the awesome christmas package!! It was PERFECT!! The kids all say thank you! Please let me know if there is anything i can do for you!! Have a great week!!! (Ill be on today periodically until 6 if you want to write back, i would love to hear from you!!!) 

FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!
Love Hermana Johnson 

No comments:

Post a Comment