Sunday, October 5, 2014

September 22, 2014

Buenos Dias familia!!
We had a great week! We has zone conference, exchanges, and a mission
conference all in one week so we are trying to catch our breath. So
much inspiration and so little time. I love the Book of Mormon and the
prophet joseph smith. I was reading over my goals from my first
transfer of my mission. Goal number one: rock solid, unshakable
testimony of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. I am extremely
grateful for president Fenn and his amazing testimony. I now have an
unshakable testimony of the Book of Mormon and the prophet of the
restoration. The mission conference was in honor of the coming forth
of the Book of Mormon! Man, I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON. I know that it
is the word of God, and than any man, that has a sincere heart and
real intent, will get nearer to God by "abiding by its precepts, then
by any other book." The Book of Mormon has brought me closer to my
savior and given me purpose and understanding of my life. I know as we
follow the council and apply the principles in our life's, it will
lead us to a desire to make and keep sacred covenants with our
Heavenly Father.
President Fenn spoke and then we had lunch and then 2 hours of
testimonies. A moment I will not soon forget was watching president
Fenn sing Praise to the Man and starring out over the sea of
missionaries. He was getting pretty emotional.
He also sent us all out with another Book of Mormon challenge:

 From today until the end of the year (December 31) to read the Book
of Mormon.
   BLUE: everytime it mentions something about the covenants God has
made with the house of Israel.
   RED: anything that relates to the doctrine of conversion and being
born again.
   YELLOW: what we learn about teaching from the Book of Mormon.
Ready, set, go...

Not a lot is happening with our investigators, it's amazing how many
things can get in the way of our progression. I am praying that our
families can just take the leap of faith and set a date for baptism.
Hermana Richardson is doing great, her Spanish really is great, she
picks up on thinks very quickly. I am trying to help her over come
some of her fears... Talking to strainers, climbing tall stairs, and
killing spiders.
We have been in a trio for the last 3 days because Hermana Morbeys
companion went home on medical reasons. It has been really fun!
Also I want to invite everyone to read the harvester from president
Fenn this week.  It was genius... Pure inspiration. "The change of
heart is referred to in the scriptures as being “born again.” This
involves both a moment of decision and thereafter discipline and
consecration. It takes sustained effort." I have a strong testimony
that our desires determine who we become, if we have a desire to
become like our Heavenly Father, everything we do will reflect that
desire.
And just one for the road: "an upright character is the result of a
continued effort and right thinking, the effect of long-cherished
association with godlike thoughts."
Thanks for all you do, please let me know what we can do for you. I
love you all so much!!!
Hermana Johnson





No comments:

Post a Comment