Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 11, 2014

Hola familia!
Como estan?! Those pictures look awesome! I hope you all had a blast
in California!! It's been extremely hot here the last few days... But
that's no surprise, we are in Illinois. Lots of humidity. It was a bit
of a rough week, but no worries, we are expecting a lot of miracles
this week.
I have had some time to really think about what we need to do
differently. Just like someone mentioned at zone conference, what
worked last week will not work this week, and what worked yesterday
won't work today. We are going back to the basics and trying to figure
out what God wants us to focus on these next couple weeks. I am really
grateful for the 12 week training because it is giving me a chance to
relearn the fundamentals.
The baptism for Hermana Erica (a family that just moved into our ward
the day of their confirmation from West Chester) was a great
experience. I hope they can make some great friends in this ward.
Obispo Monarrez (ward mission leader) is very good at that, he just
took all of our recent convert families on a camping trip. I know one
reason I was sent to this area was to learn from great examples like
him. He is one of the most selfless people and there are many things I
want to do when I am in a member position - lots of member missionary
work.
Hermana Richardson is doing great. She is very creative and outspoken.
She has a little fear talking with others but she has improved a lot.
Reminds me a lot of myself, and look how far I have come :) who would
have thought. Although she is still adjusting to the missionary
schedule, she is usually pretty happy. I know that my Heavenly Father
knows exactly what we need. One thing I love about my mission is
seeing the hand of The Lord involved in each persons life. I love
being a missionary more than anything else in this life. Thanks for
all you do. Have a great week!! I love you all a lot! Con mucho amor!!
La Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment