Sunday, May 18, 2014

April 7, 2014

Hola Familia!! Espero que todo estebien con ustedes!! Hemos visto muchos milagros esta semana!!
It has been another great week, God has been blessing us so much. I have had a lot of testimony building experiences this week. We taught a recent convert lesson to a couple this week. As we planned for their lesson, we prayed to know what we should share. We both felt like staying focused on the Book of Mormon was a good idea and we prayed over one of two chapters to read with them. We started the lesson by explaining that we can gain personal revelation and answers to our questions as we read the Book of Mormon. Each person wrote down a question and we began reading 2 Ne. 31. As we finished the chapter we each went around telling what scripture stood out to us. It was amazing to see how personally every one of our questions had been answered. What was more amazing was that the question that the convert had asked was something that he had been asking for clarity for days. After every miracle and spiritual experience I love looking back and seeing how we have been instruments in the hands of God. As one person I feel like I cant do much in this life; however, every time I feel the holy ghost testify through me, I know God has helped someone in some small way. I love the Book of Mormon so much!! I have such a strong testimony of the divinity of it and of the power and blessings it can bring into our lives.
The area is going great, the ward is continuing to help little by little. We had an amazing member missionary experience where a member set up an appointment for us and helped us commit her friend to taking the missionary discussions. She is not very religious but has agreed and we are excited to start teaching her.
Hermana Sewell is amazing. I feel so fortunate to be working with her. She has such a positive attitude and is always trying to work a little harder and be a little more Christ-like. She is very focused and continues to improve her Spanish. She is a great example to me. We had an interesting experience with a homeless women today that seemed to throw her off-guard a little, it stressed us both out... but even in that moment she felt it most important, above anything else, to act as Christ-like as she could!
Conference was amazing, Elder Christofferson's talk about Christ and the resurrection was truly inspiring. I hope one day to know my Savior as well and personally as the apostles of God know Him. You can feel it in their testimonies. "Many believe in a literal resurrection, some doubt and disbelieve, but some know." And every time they bear their powerful, apostolic witness that He lives, my testimony is strengthened. I firmly believe as we serve our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus we come to know them a little better. I continue to see this each day as I serve Him. Mosiah 5:12-13 "For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?" I hope to always keep my Savior close the thoughts and intents of my heart so one day, when we stand in His presence, I will know him.
Thanks for all you do, I love you all so much!! Hope you had a great conference weekend! Sadly I didnt have Creme Brûlée French toast but Obispo fed us conference tocos :)  
Con mucho Amor!
Hermana Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment